Dubai Real Estate Broker Law
By-Law No.85 - 2006 Concerning Regulating Of Real Estate Brokers Register
The Brokers Registration
A person may not carry on the Brokerage activity in the Emirate unless he is licensed by the competent authorities and registered in the registry.
A record to register the Brokers, who are licensed to carry on the Brokerage activity in The Emirate, shall be established and every change and amendment made on this information shall be recorded therein.
The Brokers shall be from two classes:
- Class (A): The people of expertise who are registered in the list, unlicensed by the competent authorities and are exempted from the registration conditions.
- Class (B): The people who carry on the Brokerage activity under the licence issued by the competent authorities.
Conditions of Registration in the Brokers Register
The people from Class (B) who wish to carry on the Brokerage activity in the Emirate shall submit an application on the form to be registered in the Registry. The application shall include the following documents:
- A valid trade license issued by the competent authorities
- A member certificate in Dubai Chamber of Commerce & Industry
- A copy of the license applicant’s/applicant’s passport with regard to the sole proprietorships or companies.
- An identical copy of the ownership certificate of the Brokerage shop or its lease contract
- A certificate of good conduct for the establishments owner and the senior managers of the company (None of the company’s Directors or the partners authorized to run the company shall be from those who have previously declared bankruptcy or were convicted with crime violating honour and trust)
- Obtaining certificated in courses specialized in the real estate from educational institutions accredited by the department.
- Passing the Brokerage profession test prepared by the department